Documents Needed for Individual Tax Returns
We understand that the mounds of documents can sometimes seem overwhelming when tax season approaches, so below are a few of the documents you will need to bring with you in order to insure One Way Tax Pros in Burleson can accurately and timely process your return.
- All W-2 forms received
- All form 1099’s received
- All form 5498’s received during the year for your IRA accounts
- Details of other income (pensions, unemployment, alimony, insurance, etc.)
- Investment information
- Forms K-1 for Partnerships or S-Corporation
- Rental Property – total income and itemized expenses, taxes, maintenance, office supplies, etc.
- All year end brokerage statements
- Capital gains
- Sales proceeds amounts
- Cost of property including dates purchased and sold
- All form 1095’s received (Health insurance coverage information)
- Itemized deductions
- Medical expenses / prescription, mileage to and from doctor’s office, any expenses that were NOT reimbursed by insurance, eyeglasses, dental work, etc.
- All form 1098’s received for the interest expense on your mortgage
- Property taxes paid – real estate, personal property, etc. (including proof of payment)
- Charitable contributions – itemized cash and non-cash (include proof of payment)
- Safety deposit box rental expense
- Professional dues or employee business expenses – mileage, entertainment, uniforms, etc (that have NOT been reimbursed by employer).
- Receipt for sales tax paid on a motor vehicle, boat or motor home.
- Estimated tax payments – amounts paid and dates paid.
- Sale/Purchase or refinance of a residence – copy of a HUD-1 settlement statement (closing statement) for any real-estate you purchased or sold including your personal residence, second home, rental property.
- A list of any major improvements to your property along with the year the improvement were made including any receipts.
- Child care expenses including name, address and ID number of provider
- Moving expenses NOT reimbursed by your employer.
- Itemized receipts PAID during the year for any higher education. Form 1098-T
- Copies of ANY correspondence from the IRS
For any questions regarding documents please contact us directly or through our contact page.